It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:47 am

Exporting to Unreal Engine?

Any thing to do with Tree It, post and read about it here.
  • Author
ethand

Exporting to Unreal Engine?

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 1:17 am

First off, I'd like to say thank you for this wonderful software! As a student, paying for SpeedTree would have been very difficult, and I am very glad there's an alternative!

I found a nice video online detailing an obj export workflow, which involved having to change a bunch of stuff in a 3D modeling software in addition to making the tree. I saw that TreeIt now has FBX exporting as well though, so I thought I'd give this a shot. I exported the tree as an FBX, but when I imported it into Unreal, I got two separate meshes as well as multiple materials. It looks like the leaves are separate from the tree. That's easy enough to fix, as I can just parent them to the tree. However, the leaves don't look like leaves, necessarily...they just look like the cards with the albedo map pasted onto them.

Could somebody maybe give me a quick run down on getting the trees out of TreeIt into UE4? Thanks!

Gray_Master

Re: Exporting to Unreal Engine?

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 8:09 am

While only export to obj for one mesh , open in blender/modo/3d-max/etc , delete top level & export as fbx.

In Unity this process is more simple - export from Tree-It as fbx & combine meshes inside editor.

Return to Tree It