It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:59 am

Crash on rendering

Any thing to do with Tree It, post and read about it here.
  • Author
Xulain

Crash on rendering

PostSun Oct 20, 2019 5:22 am

Every time I try to render treeit crashes. It works fine on the old version but that can only do 1024 renderings which is not ideal for palm fronds.

EVOLVED

Site Admin

Re: Crash on rendering

PostSun Oct 20, 2019 5:49 pm

Render to texture?
Does it crash when opening the render to texture window or does it crash when saving?

Xulain

PostSun Oct 20, 2019 7:02 pm

I apologise its now running fine. I had uninstalled and went back to old version so maybe the version I just downloaded was newer or maybe it was just a ram glitch and Windows needed restarting.Thank you for your great software.

Xulain

PostMon Oct 21, 2019 10:28 am

Oh I do seem to have a problem on my other computer though. I get "tried to read surface which has no read Permissions!".

Then

Runtime error 500- unknown image error at line 12174

I am running in administator mode so is there some dependencies I might be missing?.

EVOLVED

Site Admin

PostTue Oct 22, 2019 6:48 pm

Are you trying to save to a file within the program files directory? if so, are you running tree it as an administrator by right clicking on "tree it.exe" then properties>compatibility tab.

Xulain

PostThu Oct 24, 2019 11:15 am

Had already tried running as administrator didn't work also knew about program files saving problem so had tried desktop and a folder in root of c. Is weird both my computers are fresh installs on win10 too not sure why one works and one does not. Although the one that works didn't before and not sure what fixed it.
It's not a massive problem as it's working on my main pc. Is my older pc left at girlfriends place it doesn't work on.

The only thing I think is different about the 2 installs is the one that works has old version installed too in another folder. I only just thought about this but wont be able to test till Monday when am at girlfriends where that PC is to see if this is what fixed it.

Edit: One other problem with rendering is I am trying to make palm fronds with it and it looses so much detail when you render. I am not sure if this is because of the 2048 max size or just something todo with the render process.

Samuel

PostWed Oct 30, 2019 7:22 pm

Same here. Latest TreeIt crashes when I save image from "Render to texture" dialog. :(

Return to Tree It