It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:01 pm

[Bug] Export Texture Atlas doesn't export anything

Any thing to do with Tree It, post and read about it here.
  • Author
qyzu

[Bug] Export Texture Atlas doesn't export anything

PostTue May 04, 2021 4:18 pm

Hi,
I am a new user of TreeIt. I wanted to check how it works to create trees for top down 2d game. In order to do that I need to export tree in top-down view. I found a bug that export to texture atlas doesn't work at all! No file is generated. I tried to name file with .png extension and without. I also tried to render to texture, but then lighting is missing, so basically nothing works for me. I'm using Windows 10 64 bit.

Could you investigate that please?

How to export tree without shadows, but with enabled lighting? Or only the shadows separately? Is it possible?

BR,
Damian.

EVOLVED

Site Admin

Re: [Bug] Export Texture Atlas doesn't export anything

PostFri May 07, 2021 8:19 am

In the next update I will make some small changes to how the render to texture works, so when using render to texture while in the 3d perspective (will only work in the 3d perspective) shadows and lighting can/will also be captured.

Texture atlas export refers to saving the image thats created in the atlas map editor for exporting 3d trees with fewer meshes by combining different surface textures.

qyzu

PostSat May 08, 2021 9:08 am

Thank you for your answer.

So if I think correctly then after your changes, if I rotate my tree in 3d perspective to have the top down view (but still in 3d perspective) then it will be working, yes?

Do you know when your changes will be released? More or less in few days/weeks/months?

EVOLVED

Site Admin

PostSun May 09, 2021 7:42 pm

update 9/5/2021 render to texture will now capture lighting in 3d view.

Return to Tree It