It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 1:57 pm

Some Improvements to Treeit

Any thing to do with Tree It, post and read about it here.
  • Author
Melx

Some Improvements to Treeit

PostWed Nov 02, 2022 3:09 am

Hi,
First off, I want to thank the dev of this software. Thanks so much for making it free for others to use and updating and maintaining it. Thank you.

I have been trying to use Texture Atlas but it doesn't seem to work or I am going about it wrongly.

I know how to use the Texture Atlas window but how do you load the atlas texture back to Tree it?
So if you save your atlas file as a .atlas, are you supposed to export the mesh and the uvs are aligned with the atlas when exported?

I am praying that the devs pls upload a video or maybe pls explain how to use the Texture atlas feature properly. I am guessing the Texture atlas allows you to compile all the materials/textures used for the leaves into 1 material/1 texture so the tree has two materials and two textures.

I keep trying but it doesn't work or maybe I am doing this wrongly

Also noticed that the fbx file format does not work with Blender. Blender says ASCII fbx files are not supported.
But it works when imported to ue5 ( I am using the latest 31stOct, 2022 build)

Would appreciate any info from the dev if he can help explain how the texture atlas works.

Also maybe a way to bake AO vertex color to texture can be added?

Thanks.

EDIT:Just noticed the Fbx exporter recommendation posted on the Treeit page to convert to binary fbx which works with Blender.

Melx

Re: Some Improvements to Treeit

PostThu Nov 03, 2022 9:58 pm

Noticed that if you use .tre in the Mesh Layer, if you increase the Mesh count from zero to any number and try to save the Tree it file from File--Save as or save as, Tree it crashes.

And if you try to reopen the file, all the tree settings are lost.

So to avoid this, you have to set the Mesh Layer-Mesh Count to zero, everytime you need to save.

EDIT: Treeit keeps crashing everytime I am trying to export tree from Treeit as fbx or .obj files. I am not sure if this is a polycount issue. Tree polycount is about 700,000.

m_dwRuntimeErrorDWORD=Internal Code:12002
m_dwRuntimeErrorLineDWORD=38208

EDIT 2: After hours of troubleshooting, it works now. For anyone having this issue, make sure you have textures assigned to the trunk of the .tre branch file before using it in the Mesh Layer of the main tree file, or Treeit will keep crashing anytime you try to save or export from Treeit.

EDIT3: Figured out how to use the Texture Atlas properly. For it to work, make sure textures are assigned to the slots, for the uvs to get aligned when exporting the mesh after loading the atlas file....I think.
It seems the Atlas Texture uvs export doesn't work with Fbx. Only works with .obj file format

Return to Tree It