It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:53 pm

Replicate exact same tree animation movement in UE5

Any thing to do with Tree It, post and read about it here.
  • Author
Melx

Replicate exact same tree animation movement in UE5

PostSun Nov 06, 2022 10:41 am

I am wondering if the dev of Treeit can pls show how the tree wind movement in Treeit can be replicated exactly in UE5.

Speedtree for example has a Speedtree node in Unreal Engine that reads the vertex color in the material editor, all you need to do is just plug it into the world position offset of the material and then add a wind directional source to the scene, and the trees start to move realistically.

I feel like Simple Grass wind in UE5 or ue4 isn't as good as the one in Treeit. Treeit looks very good and way better.

I am wondering if we can get a Treeit custom node for ue5 and ue4 that you can plug into the world position offset of a material in Unreal Engine and when wind is added to the scene, the tree moves.

The problem is I am not sure if Evolved who is the dev is familiar with Unreal Engine (thank you for your work on Treeit).

Would be very grateful if this is considered if it is possible.

Impheris

Re: Replicate exact same tree animation movement in UE5

PostFri Nov 11, 2022 7:21 am

you can do that easily using 2 different mass or weight values, one for leaves and one for the trunk and branches. Although, is not a good idea to simulate real time physics for trees (for optimizarion) the best way is to bake in you 3d software and bring those animations to your game engine

Return to Tree It