It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:46 pm

Runtime Errors/Memblock Errors. Getting worse.

Any thing to do with Tree It, post and read about it here.
  • Author
somedevsomewhere

Runtime Errors/Memblock Errors. Getting worse.

PostSat Nov 26, 2022 3:18 pm

Two giant problems plaguing Treeit right now.
Runtime Errors and MEMBLOCK

I am not sure what actually causes this but it tends to happen with more and more textures you add with the increasing number of leaves/meshes.
The error is;

Runtime Error 506 - Could not load image at line ..*tree it install location*..
LOAD IMAGE
..*path*..."FilenameInquestion.png, 5020, 0, 0

I am not sure if this is caused by some memory allocation issue and its trying to lookup references that don't exist or not. Irregardless, it is a big problem.

An even bigger problem is MEMBLOCK. Once this bad boy appears it seems you can never load the file again and you have to start over. It appears it at least has something to do with adding several leaf variations with all the textures it needs to load.

At this point I have become so frustrated I've taken to brushing up my Blender skills to just create the trees in there. It is a monumental pain in the a** and a hundred times more work...but Treeit doesn't seem to handle more than 4..5..6 leaf types with wildly varying stability.

Right now I would take a stable Treeit over new features.

I have managed to create a beautiful Birch Forest using a mix of blender and tree it but as I increase the complexity of the meshes with increasing leaf variation it has become more and more unusable.

UPDATE::

I managed to open one of the files by removing the texture paths in notepad++. (was getting the memblock error)
Everytime I made any big changes I would save to a NEW file. Eventually it did crash after editing the tree and EVERY...SINGLE file I saved has the same error;
Runtime Error 118 - Array does not exist or array subscript out of bounds at line '...'

Return to Tree It