It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 12:30 am

How to use Imported Atlas texture in Treeit

Any thing to do with Tree It, post and read about it here.
  • Author
Melx

How to use Imported Atlas texture in Treeit

PostThu Feb 02, 2023 6:11 am

So I have an atlas texture sheet I have already prepared in Krita. Is there a way I can use the atlas sheet in the atlas texture window?

I am still confused how to use it. Can anyone here explain how to use it properly. I would humbly appreciate any help I can get.

Impheris

Re: How to use Imported Atlas texture in Treeit

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 8:54 pm

for what i can see, in order to import and atlas texture, you need to create a .atlas file, is your file a .atlas file?
Sorry i do not know exactly how to help you because i use the uv texture that tree it generate for the tree so... But at least i'm trying :)

Melx

PostMon Feb 13, 2023 4:14 am

Impheris wrote:for what i can see, in order to import and atlas texture, you need to create a .atlas file, is your file a .atlas file?
Sorry i do not know exactly how to help you because i use the uv texture that tree it generate for the tree so... But at least i'm trying :)

Hi Impheris, Thanks for trying to help. ;)

Yeah, I have an atlas file. I noticed there are two atlas slots. Do you know why there are two slots? Is one for Trunk and branches, while the second one is for the leaves?

I am still trying to figure out how to use a premade atlas texture made in Krita for example in Treeit. I can import it into the atlas window, but how do I assign the uvs to those areas of the atlas texture?

I am also wondering about using fully modeled leaves rather than alpha mapped ones in Tree it, the thing is how to get the vertex colors for wind to look correct or it doesn't matter Tree it will assign it correctly?

Impheris

PostTue Feb 14, 2023 5:15 pm

Melx wrote:
Impheris wrote:for what i can see, in order to import and atlas texture, you need to create a .atlas file, is your file a .atlas file?

Hi Impheris, Thanks for trying to help. ;)

Yeah, I have an atlas file. I noticed there are two atlas slots. Do you know why there are two slots? Is one for Trunk and branches, while the second one is for the leaves?

I am still trying to figure out how to use a premade atlas texture made in Krita for example in Treeit. I can import it into the atlas window, but how do I assign the uvs to those areas of the atlas texture?

I am also wondering about using fully modeled leaves rather than alpha mapped ones in Tree it, the thing is how to get the vertex colors for wind to look correct or it doesn't matter Tree it will assign it correctly?

Can you please attach your atlas or at least an example of an atlas file here? i want to try that tool to have a better understanding, i'm not seeing 2 slots, just one, i'm seeing 2 tabs but i guess 1 tab is for your previous textures on that atlas and the other tab is for the textures of the tree.
About fully modeled leaves, you can use the last tab of tree, is called "mesh" you can add your own meshes in .tree or in other popular formats, even obj and then use the settings on the mesh tab to place your own objects as leaves, remember you can add multiple layers of mesh with different settings each also remember to create the uv for that mesh, you can add textures to that mesh on tree it to, in that tab

Melx

PostFri Feb 24, 2023 1:29 am

Impheris wrote:Can you please attach your atlas or at least an example of an atlas file here? i want to try that tool to have a better understanding, i'm not seeing 2 slots, just one, i'm seeing 2 tabs but i guess 1 tab is for your previous textures on that atlas and the other tab is for the textures of the tree.
About fully modeled leaves, you can use the last tab of tree, is called "mesh" you can add your own meshes in .tree or in other popular formats, even obj and then use the settings on the mesh tab to place your own objects as leaves, remember you can add multiple layers of mesh with different settings each also remember to create the uv for that mesh, you can add textures to that mesh on tree it to, in that tab

Thanks, figured the fully modeled leaves out. Thanks for the info.

The atlas texture. I figured a way to do it. Add a fully transparent texture to the initial leaf texture slot. Import an atlas texture into the Texture atlas window and then move the transparent texture over the area you need, that way you are indirectly moving the uvs over the premade atlas texture you imported into the Atlas window.

Return to Tree It