It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:16 pm

Export Windinformation

Any thing to do with Tree It, post and read about it here.
  • Author
sec1971

Re: Export Windinformation

PostTue Nov 19, 2019 4:21 am

Not sure if this is the issue, but when I open an exported tree in UltimateUnwrap3D, it doesn't appear to have bones. It would have to have bones in order to be animate, I would assume.

mbbmbbmm

PostSat Oct 24, 2020 7:46 pm

sec1971 wrote:Not sure if this is the issue, but when I open an exported tree in UltimateUnwrap3D, it doesn't appear to have bones. It would have to have bones in order to be animate, I would assume.

I'm pretty sure it is done with a vertex shader. I tested the FBX export and checked in Blender - the vertex colors are there now. It would be great to see the source code for the shader that the developer used - at least the animation part.

EDIT - I found it, it is in the shaders section on the website! woo hooo :D

nlcoaster

PostSat May 01, 2021 5:19 pm

The OBJ export files also have vertex color information that contains wind information.
Each OBJ vertex contains 7 values. The first three make up the position, the remaining 4 values are storing the vertex color (RGBA).

The shaders used can also be found inside the program's folder:
Sys\Tree It\leaf.fx
Sys\Tree It\tree.fx

I believe the RGB value store the wind information. The Alpha value might store the ambient occlusion information, but I am not sure.

The .DBO files store additional information in the 2nd and 3rd texture coordinates. E.g. the Leaf Shading colors are encoded there.

henkilook

PostSat Nov 20, 2021 7:41 am

Ingo wrote:Hi,

is it somehow possible to export the Windinformation by like storing the Windweight information into the https://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/ra ... d=37669434 Vertex Colors so that it can be imported to other 3rd party tools like blender?

Hello Have either of you figured it out yet?
Previous

Return to Tree It