It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:51 pm

Some wishes

Any thing to do with Tree It, post and read about it here.
  • Author
BlubboDE

Some wishes

PostMon Jan 15, 2024 3:18 am

Hi, could you make it possible to switch between free fly and edit mode with a key on the keyboard? Maybe the F key. It would also be great to have the Edit Joints and cut brunch functions on keyboard keys. Maybe the E and C keys instead. That would be very good for a faster workflow.

I have found another error. With the render to image function TreeIT crashes every time and only the diffuse map is saved.

Regardless of that, I say thank you again. Creating trees gives me so much pleasure.

EVOLVED

Site Admin

Re: Some wishes

PostTue Jan 16, 2024 9:01 pm

I had a look at render to texture today and made some small alterations and updated treeit, but Im not getting any crashes with it so it's going to be hard to find out why its crashing for you. Was it function correctly previously and I'll do a comparison to previous code to try and fix it (I did make some changes for the extra texture types).

The delete key is the short cut to brake a selected joint.

I will have a look at adding a switch to free flight option, should not be hard to add and will contorl just like it dose in MS.

BlubboDE

PostWed Jan 17, 2024 12:30 pm

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
The error message I always got was Runtime Error 500 - Unknown iamge error at line 17187. I just recorded a video to illustrate this and now the rendering suddenly works again. But I noticed something else. When I load a tree model with twigs, they are not displayed. In the video you can see that I first have to adjust the branch count so that the twigs are visible again. This is also the case with the leaves. Maybe you have an idea. I have inserted the file with the tree from the video as a link.

By the way, the Edit Joint function with J and cut with Del works great. Now only a keyboard button for the "Select Element" button would be a dream to switch between free fly and editing.

But don't stress yourself. There's no hurry.

Best regards and thank you for your work

Video - Twig Load problem
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/keqc0xw2 ... 9ixe7&dl=0

TreeIT File
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ngkkcjl7 ... sh952&dl=0

I have one more thing that would be brilliant for TreeIt. Bumps.
This could be integrated in a similar way to the knots, except that instead of the cut at the end, the mesh is simply round and can be deformed slightly using the slider. Only the Bark texture of the trunk would be necessary as a texture.

EVOLVED

Site Admin

PostFri Jan 19, 2024 2:51 am

I did look into the tree update issue and it dose look like I need to do a complete rework on the tree update process, this is mainly down the tree node system and is going to take awhile to get it sorted. For now you should be able to press the genrate button a few times under the tree tab this should rebuld the entire tree.

You can hold control key down to select different elements. I've also added the free flight toggle by pressing "f" (text in left top corner wall display free flight).

For bumps you will need to use a displacements (heightmap + normalmap) with bumps stored in the height map texture. Did a quick search on artstation something like thishttps://www.artstation.com/artwork/BPPkA

Return to Tree It