It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:26 am

Problem applying lightmap to exported X file

Any thing to do with mapscape, post and read about it here.
  • Author
rzhi

Problem applying lightmap to exported X file

PostWed Jun 25, 2014 2:08 am

Hi,

I'm trying to export my scene to a x file with textures and lightmap. For somehow the lightmap texture is not included or UV mapped. I'm trying to check the exported scene to another 3d modelling program like Blender for additional editing but have no luck with the lightmap. I already checked the Export Lightmap option under settings.

Thanks

EVOLVED

Site Admin

Re: Problem applying lightmap to exported X file

PostWed Jun 25, 2014 5:25 pm

Light maps are only available on the .dbo export, .x files don't (as far as I know) support a second tex coordinates.

rzhi

PostThu Jun 26, 2014 4:53 am

Thanks for this info. Is there any way I can make use of the lightmap texture say in blender or 3dsmax, or could you recommend a converter for dbo files so I can load this to other modelling tools say like Blender or Max?

christianclavet

PostTue Nov 04, 2014 11:33 pm

I was able to get the 2 uv channels back from a DBO object with Ultimate unwrap, but it's far from perfect. The material is messed up, and you must set it back when you open a DBO object.
EDIT: Got in contact with Ultimate Unwrap and they fixed the issue. To have the lightmap, just select each map in the material slots in UU3D and set the map to "composite" to have the lightmap visible and export it.

rzhi

PostTue Jan 12, 2016 2:09 pm

christianclavet wrote:I was able to get the 2 uv channels back from a DBO object with Ultimate unwrap, but it's far from perfect. The material is messed up, and you must set it back when you open a DBO object.
EDIT: Got in contact with Ultimate Unwrap and they fixed the issue. To have the lightmap, just select each map in the material slots in UU3D and set the map to "composite" to have the lightmap visible and export it.

Thank you for this christian. I will check out UU3D.

Return to Mapscape