It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:12 pm

Broken Lighting

Any thing to do with mapscape, post and read about it here.
  • Author

Gun Man

Broken Lighting

PostThu Mar 02, 2023 10:26 pm

It appears that lighting in the latest version of Mapscape 3 is completely broken (at least on my system).
Attempting to make a map with static lighting or opening a map with static lighting with lighting enabled results in the viewport becoming entirely black.
This could either be the fault of my system's drivers or a fault of the program itself.
Updating drivers, disabling my antivirus, and hard restarting my PC has not fixed the issue.
Anyone here know why this is happening?

franck22000

Re: Broken Lighting

PostThu Mar 09, 2023 6:36 pm

Yes it appears to be broken (I don't use this feature).

Hopefully the next update can fix it for you. On my side I would like to be able to have a "export selected" option or even better a setting to not export brush groups that are hidden and the UV mapping improvements described on mapscape web page :D

Hopefully EVOLVED can find some time to improve the software, it has a great potential for us who are working on old school FPS for example.

EVOLVED

Site Admin

PostMon Apr 10, 2023 8:52 pm

This is most likely down to post processing that was added recently, the only fix will be to add an option to disable all post processing but i shall see what i can do.

@franck22000
In the latest updated any CSG brushes that are hidden will not export, uv mapping rework is on the list of things to do.

franck22000

PostThu Apr 13, 2023 8:43 am

@EVOLVED Thank you very much for your work and for listening to our suggestions, it is hugely appreciated. I began game programming a long time ago with Dark Basic Pro and you were already known for your nice work !

I am now much more experienced and even if I have my own game engine written in C++, Mapscape is still very useful for making levels.

Looking forward for the uv mapping fix/rework. I also saw that you have displacements surfaces planned, this is nice.

Thank you again for everything.

Regards

Gun Man

PostSat May 13, 2023 7:30 pm

I appears that the issue with lighting has been fixed. I'm not sure if you did something or if it just fixed itself for whatever reason, but lightmaps now render properly.

On a semi-related note: I was wondering if you could re-add the ability to add static meshes that use lightmaps for shadows from Mapscape 2. This would be useful for having more consistent looking lighting between brushes and non-interactable objects, and for projects that don't use dynamic lighting.

franck22000

PostWed Jul 26, 2023 8:52 am

EVOLVED wrote:This is most likely down to post processing that was added recently, the only fix will be to add an option to disable all post processing but i shall see what i can do.

@franck22000
In the latest updated any CSG brushes that are hidden will not export, uv mapping rework is on the list of things to do.

Hello @EVOLVED, is the UV mapping rework still planned ? I'm waiting for this feature before beginning the production phase of my game. Thank you !

Return to Mapscape