It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:24 am

Render tree, with lighting - how?

Any thing to do with Tree It, post and read about it here.
  • Author
treefitty

Render tree, with lighting - how?

PostSun Mar 29, 2020 3:49 pm

Hi Evolved and forum,

First of all, wonderful program. I'm wishing to render out some screencaps of trees (with lighting on) but I cannot figure out how to do so:

1.) Render to texture seems to disable lighting in the render, leaving the textures flat/unlit
2.) Trying to screencap the tree from perspective mode would be just fine for me, but I can't figure out how to disable the skybox (or just render the sky as a single, flat color), because I want to have the background just be a single, flat color, i.e. pure white, rather than the varying gradient colors of the two skyboxes
3.) Screenshotting from View->Side or View->Front would also be just fine for me, and the lighting does indeed work in this mode, but there's a white square/diamond displayed over top of the tree, which I can't seem to disable

For #2 or #3 solutions, also, I would need to disable anti-aliasing/pixel-blending in the rendering, and I'm not sure how to do this also

Thank you for any guidance : )

treefitty

Re: Render tree, with lighting - how?

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 6:53 am

Actually let me simplify that question. How do I disable anti-aliasing in Tree It?

(I see that it's possible, because AA is disabled in the render-to-texture screen. however, lighting/shadows are disabled there, too, and I want that enabled)

Return to Tree It