It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:31 am

Fbx/obj export doesn't work, only exports leaves

Any thing to do with Tree It, post and read about it here.
  • Author
yohatch

Fbx/obj export doesn't work, only exports leaves

PostWed Sep 15, 2021 11:51 pm

Hello, I'm experiencing a weird issue...I can't import fbx/obj files exported from Treeit, no matter what I do. 3ds max only shows leaves, Blender can't import at all. I tested several online viewers, they all only show leaves.
I tried with a fresh download, same. Not sure what's going on here, but I have a tree that I love, but can't use it.
Oh, and I tried making some basic tree, thinking I went too far with the settings, but again, it only exports leaves.
Pls help, I really, really need that tree.

natep182

Re: Fbx/obj export doesn't work, only exports leaves

PostThu Sep 16, 2021 3:45 am

It seems as so that TreeIt exports it fbxs as an ascii instead of binary. One work around that I found was to open the fbx in Visual Studio and resave it. This seems to be the best solution as Autodesk's fbx converter usually messes up the normals.

yohatch

Re: Fbx/obj export doesn't work, only exports leaves

PostThu Sep 16, 2021 9:42 am

natep182 wrote:It seems as so that TreeIt exports it fbxs as an ascii instead of binary. One work around that I found was to open the fbx in Visual Studio and resave it. This seems to be the best solution as Autodesk's fbx converter usually messes up the normals.

Thank you so much, you are a life saver! It worked. It has no animation tho, but I'll try to figure that out along the way. What's more important, I now have a usable model. Thanks again.

Return to Tree It