It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:12 am

custom meshes

Any thing to do with Tree It, post and read about it here.
  • Author
Melinoe

custom meshes

PostSat Jan 04, 2020 5:09 pm

Hey,

Anybody know how to work with custom meshes in mesh tab? All i try to do seems to either crash or not show up.

Would love to know if other people are able to upload their own meshes, and what format they use :)

Thank you!

marcatore

Re: custom meshes

PostSat Jan 04, 2020 9:36 pm

Look at the "maple" sample.
Author uses the .dbo file format but it seems that it accepts also 3ds,obj and DirectX file formats.

I've just tried with a custom object I did in Blender and exported as OBJ but, after loaded the mesh, I can't see the copies and the polygon count doesn't grow.

Probably it accepts just mesh created with Tree-it.

Melinoe

PostSat Jan 04, 2020 11:41 pm

Thank you marcatore for checking! Same as i thought indeed, at least i know its not only me :D

MattyWS

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 11:27 am

I tried to use custom meshes made by treeIt like in one of the preset trees but for some reason it just won't work. ; ; Ideally I'd like to be able to import my own meshes as well though but for now the function just doesnt seem to work

thousande

PostSat Apr 04, 2020 12:06 pm

A bit late here, maybe, but I just did a test with the current public version of TreeIt by exporting an obj from Blender 2.82 and did not encounter any problems (just a simple test).

You may have to go through and fiddle a bit with the obj export settings.

I used a Transform/scale value at 10 which seems to work transporting from Blender to Max

https://i.imgur.com/E3me3PO.jpg

Return to Tree It